good ol' Bob

Default Faceframe on a 45 degree corner cabinet.

This may be a little difficult to explain, bear with me. I'm in the design
stage of a corner kitchen wall cabinet which will have a door opening at 45
degrees to the corner in which it will be mounted. It will be a face frame
design. While drawing this thing up, I've come to realize that the biscuit
method used on my other cabinets may not work 'cause the cab. walls to which
the frame will be attached will be at 90 degrees to each other. Pocket
screw joinery will be problematical because one element or the other (wall
or frame) will be cut at a 45 degree angle. If you sketch it out as I did,
you'll see the resulting awkward arrangement for pocket screw setup. The
only thing I've come up with so far is attaching some sort of reinforcing
block to the wall portion of the cabinet to provide enough meat for biscuit
joinery, wherein all the biscuits would go into the frame,and wall ends at
90 deg. angles. It doesn't seem that it would be too difficult to conceal
any such reinforcement behind the face frame itself. Just a lot of extra
work (unless it's absolutely necessary)

If any of you cabinet building types understand my problem, and have a slick
solution, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Good 'ol Bob

my email address has no equal.