John Smith

Default Possible damage to computer and TV after installation by Comcast Subcontractors

Moved into a new house (3 years old) and had an appointment to get Comcast
Cable TV and High Speed Internet installed.

Comcast sent subcontractors to do the job. In the cable box OUTSIDE the
house (a green enclosure) they found that the tap that goes into my house is
broken so they put a splitter on the neighbors cable line, so both me and
the neighbor now share the cable connection.

After few hours the computer goes dead. It does not power on at all. The PC
is located upstairs and is plugged into a surge protector along with the
monitor. The monitor is working fine.

After few hours the downstairs Sony Wega goes blank and there is sound and
no picture. A red light in front of the TV is blinking which according to
the manual "TV needs service. Contact Sony service center". The TV was
plugged in to a good surge protector also.

My question is as follows: .is this a coincidence that I lose both a
computer and TV the same day cable tv installation is done... all in a
matter of few hours?

OR

Can faulty cable tv / high speed cable Internet installation cause damage to
the computer and television?

thanks,

John