Leif Thorvaldson

I have used a small pipe wrench on them. Just needed to break the "seal"
and it popped out! You can use a tape wrap around it to eliminate any teeth
marks from the wrench. That'll save your ice for better things! *G*

Leif
"Harry Sanders" wrote in message
om...
I have owned a Jet 1236 lathe for about 2 years and for the first time
today I tried to remove the spur center so I could install a Nova
chuck which I just purchased. The spur center refuses to budge. I have
pushed the drift rod as hard as I can, tapped it with a mallet and hit
it considerably harder than a tap with the mallet to no avail. I have
also put oil around the spur center and have the threaded index pin in
place but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Harry Sanders