James Hart

Default Potterton Profile problem

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:08:16 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Pennies count. It isn't just the electronics either.

Perhaps they would be better saved off the MD's perks. then?

Well no, because she needs to be rewarded for being the entrepreneur.
They miss out the "de pompes funebres" bit.

There is the urban legend (which I think has some truth) of the days
when Plessey made televisions. I once worked with an engineer who
had worked in their design department. He would produce a correct
design and then the chief engineer would come round with his
clippers, look at the circuit diagram and start clipping components
out until it stopped working.

I've heard this one many times - but with the company changed to
protect the innocent. And when the factory closes due to the
dreadful product, and the sales go to overseas, it's put down to the
poor British workforce...

It comes from the same book as the old one where the little boy is
asked what he wants for Christmas and he asks for a cowboy outfit.
So his dad bought him (insert your favourite TV manufacturer or
parliamentary party,.

There must be a gag here somewhere, let me think, something about cowboy
outfits and dogs, ahh got it! CORGI.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk