Rob Morley

In article , ""richard"
" "richard"
says...

"keith" wrote in message
Please can you let me know what you would do here?

snip tales of woe, re leaky conservatory.

This is a common problem with conservatories built on to brick houses.
You are right in your assumption that water is penetrating the
brickwork, not through the bricks but along the tiny gapsbetween
bricks and mortar, usually in the perps. This runs down inside the
bricks until it reaches a lintel, or the damp proof tray above a
lintel, then comes out through the weep holes. If the house and
conservatory were being built as one, the dpc tray would be above the
line of the conservatory roof, so that the water would emerge above
it. You are talking quite a job to do that retrospectively but it
would sort you out. Alternatives include, repointing, rendering that
section of wall above the roof and cladding the wall with uPVC shiplap
or similar.
Richard, (also ritchieaber via google)

am currently trying OE again for usenet, is there anyway to make it
bottom post?

Apparently OEQuotefix makes OE behave better

can anyone suggest a usenet friendly news reader?

Gravity. There are various versions you might like to try - I use 2.5
which is the freeware version of the last commercial release, but there
is also SuperGravity which handles stuff like yEnc and there's a
newer Open Source project that seems to be coming on quite well.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

Some people think XNews is great:

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

This looks quite nice but I don't know anything about it:

http://40tude.com/dialog/