The Natural Philosopher

in2minds wrote:

probably done to death but the last post a few days ago wasn't
answered...

will be converting the cellar over the xmas, the floor will be concrete
but I'm not sure how I'm going to heat the area (6m x 3m x 2.2m
headroom).
the cellar will be used primarily as a play room and only during the
day, for about 8 hours, as it's only accessible from the rear garden.
I could extend a radiator into the room but that would mean heating the
whole house unnecessarily, we won't be using the rest of the house,
except the kitchen.
the other alternatives are an electric heater or electric underfloor
heating, but I'm worried about the cost.
do the panel think running the gas central heating for the whole (3
bedroom) house and cellar would be more cost effective than an electric
solution ?

I know it will be considerably more expensive to install underfloor
heating but could anyone give me a rough idea of the running costs ?

thanks
LJ

Off peak electricity to warm the floor slab overnight may not be too
bad...but will be getting chiilly by dusk.

best solution is to use water based U/F heating, and install separate
pump and timer for it.