John

lesshaste wrote:
I have a radiator which is now on most of the day and I have noticed
that the wallpaper directly behind it has completely split in a very
bad way. This is presumably as a direct result of the heat. I have
just bought the house so I have no idea what the previous owners did
but what is the correct solution to this?

Cheers,
Raphael

Obviously I have not seen your wall but I will bet the wallpaper was only
down partly behind the radiator(s) and not down to the skirtings. This is a
common problem if wallpapering is done the 'lazy' way. The solution is to
paper the whole area behind the radiator by either removing the radiator or
if the gap is wide enough using a radiator roller to smooth the paper behind
them when papering.

HTH

John