Harry Bloomfield

Default Halogen track lights - problem.

Velvet wrote on Monday (09/02/2004) :
Would something along the lines of what you describe cause the intermittent
brightening of them though? like an irregular pulse of brightness then
dropping back to normal again (or alternatively a pulse back to proper
brightness then dropping back to slightly dim). It's very hard to see, not
very noticeable at all, but my vision is very sensitive to changes in light
levels around the periphery (part of the reason why I now have these instead
of the ghastly flourescent that used to be up there).

The brightening could be a symptom of the switch mode power supply
("tranformer") becoming confused due to a poor connection to the track,
but it could equally be a symptom of a fault in the switch mode power
supply.

Could you perhaps take it back to your supplier for replacement?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)