Dan

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:12:03 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Getting a competant inspection.

I wouldn't recommend making a decision based on some clown on
television attempting to make ratings. Check the Centers for Disease
Control report and the newest one from the Academy of Sciences. There
is a lot of hot air in this subject and a lot of needless scaring of
people. If you have a wet house, get the moisture controlled. If you
find mold, clean it up with chlorine bleach water and get back to real
life. An overly humid interior environment is not healthy but the
health effects have more to do with the general environment than any
specific association with mold. There is a push right now by people
selling to home inspectors to get them to push mold testing as a
profit enhancer, but I wouldn't generally recommend it.

Dan