xavier

Default Glueing Glass

SWMBO was looking at a glass storage unit for the bathroom. It
consists of two side pieces approximately 1.5m in length x 170mm in
depth and it has about six glass shelves which are glued to these two
side pieces to form little 'boxes', these shelves are 150mm wide x
170mm in depth. In other words, it's a bit like a glass ladder with a
top and bottom!

Looking at it, it's obvious that the 'shelves' are glued to the side
pieces but there's no sign of any adhesive. Has anyone any idea how
you could glue glass in this fashion? The glass in question is 6mm
and will be toughened with, I guess, polished edges, although I'm not
sure if they're polished where they're glued to the side panels.

In our case, it would also have to have brackets (probably metal)
glued to each end, so as well as glass to glass glue, I'm also looking
for metal to glass glue.

She wants one of course, but at £362 it does seem a tad expensive to
me for what is after all only about ten pieces of toughed and polished
glass and some glue. Am I missing something?

xav