Ed Sirett

Default Potterton Profile problem

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:07:29 +0000, Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
What does a PCB re-design cost? Pennies, I'd say.

.. then the remanufacturing, sparing, quality control, ISO9001, EMC
and safety recertification, documentation .....

Well, given that several of these weren't properly done in the first
place, and warranty claims must be considerable, I'd say it would be worth
it.

The only boiler PCB I know of that has been totally redesigned is one of
the ones in a Baxi Barcelona. The replacement (well over £100) comes with
a new wiring harness since the board has different connections.

They must have been really desperate to do that.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk