Doug Kanter

"jo4hn" wrote in message
nk.net...

• Anyone who impugns your patriotism for exercising your constitutional
right to free speech is not a patriot.

That used to be (and may still be) a favorite tactic of the Kremlin. And, I
just heard a news story about how Jordanians can get hauled before a
"tribunal" for opening their mouths and letting the wrong words come out. If
they're lucky, that all they get, but usually, they're not that lucky and
end up doing jail time.

It's interesting how some Americans like to use the word "treason" anytime
someone expresses a view that doesn't agree with whomever happens to have
the biggest mouth at the moment, especially if our soldiers are overseas at
the time. I've always wanted to speak to a handful of psychologists to
understand this mentality. Is it a desperate way of seeking false security?