Higgins

Have you seen this from This old house magazine??? there's a picutre
that I can email if you can't retrieve it.

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=3Dcac...dhouse.com/to=
h/tvprograms/asktoh/qaarticle/0,16588,478041,00.html+hinges+for+%22secret+d=
oor%22&hl=3Den

Secret Door
Now that I'm almost finished installing the rail-and-stile paneling in
my living room, I'd like to build a hidden door to cover the wood
storage bin next to the fireplace. But I'm stumped on how to design it
so no hardware is visible. Any suggestions you have would be greatly
appreciated.
=E2=80=94 Terry, Wilmington, DE

=20
Norm Abram replies: Make the door the size you want and fit it with
concealed Soss hinges that slide in and out of a mortise, and a touch
latch, the kind that opens with a slight push (available through
Woodworker's Supply, 800-645-9292). With careful workmanship, the door
will be nearly impossible to find.