Rick Dipper

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:57:08 +0100, "Spike" wrote:

Hi
Can anyone enlighten me on the following questions:

Is it permissible to combine a kitchen and lounge into one room?

My existing house is, and building regs approved it.
My new house is, and building regs have the plans, but no approval yet
as its work in progress.

Can this then open directly into the stairwell on a two storey house?

in my new house, the stairs are in the the lounge, there is also a
second exit from the upstairs bedroom. However thinking about it,
there is no door between the kitchen and the second set of stairs to
the other bedrooms, however it would be possible to fit a fire door,
get the BR cert and rip the fire door out again .....

I figure that the first is Ok whilst the second is not - help??

Spike