N. Thornton

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote in message ...

Tanking the walls with aquapanel and painting the exterior are about
the last things that will help a Vic house with damp. They are known
_causes_ of damp in Vic houses. I'm sure you mean well, but Vic houses
do not work like modern buildings at all when it comes to damp.

Aquapanels do not constitute tanking by any stretch of the imagination.

both prevent evaporation of damp from walls, resulting in build up of
dampness to problem levels, causing mould and damage to building
materials.

Victorian houses leak because the mortar has degraded.

wrong

Short of re-building
them you have to use some kind of modern (sorry, I'll wash my mouth out)
materials.

wrong

I'm sure you mean well,

And don't be so bloody patronising.