Al Reid

"James T. Kirby" wrote in message

I'm not sure I buy that, Greg - I think it would work against him. Having

professional army gives
Bush a lot more political flexibility - you can attack anywhere you want

and
there won't be hundreds
of thousands of people in the streets screaming "you took my baby to fight

in
that stinking place for
your own personal reasons that you won't even admit to!". No, I think

that
reinstating a draft would open up
a real can of worms. I think all he really needs to do (or intents to do)

is
to keep some sort of hopefully
constrainable military adventurism going somewhere, so that the people who

are
susceptible to the
thought that voting against a leader during time of war is somehow

disloyal, or
(my favorite from Al Reid )
we should somehow buy into the notion that we should vote for Bush because

the
troops like him (moron)
will vote the right way.

Jim Kirby

You lefites just can't form or axpress an opinion without calling names.
This makes you the moron. When you can't win on the facts or provide a
persuasive argument, you inevitable resort to name calling. This reflects
well on you.

Have a good one.
--

Al