Hiya

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:06:52 GMT, "Red Neckerson"
wrote:

I'm not saying you should go with a Trane over the other brands. A system is
as good as the contractor that installs it. But you need to look at the
efficiency ratings, warranties, service (who will work on it oince it's
installed) , etc. and base your decision on criteria other than price.

If you read my post you know I did consider those things.
Like it or not, price is a discriminator and frankly it is goofy to
think otherwise. All systems under consideration were "top of the
line", all good products I consider fairly comparable. I see no
reason to give an extra $1200 for the name "Trane".
If you can show me that Trane is worth the extra $1200 over Carrier
and Lennox go right ahead. I'd be happy to learn why you think so.