Martin Wilson

On 28 Oct 2004 17:48:27 -0700, Jan Wysocki wrote:

The despicable spammer has reminded me of something that I've been
wondering about. 30 or so years ago, Draper tools were the bottom
of the barrel. Companies like Gedore, Bedford, Kamasa, Record,
Marples and even goverment surplus handtools were of higher
quality than Draper. Nowadays there seem to be several levels below
Draper. Does this mean that Draper has improved - maybe no longer
bashed out of poor quality steel by indifferent workers in the third
world? Or are there just a lot of even worse monkey metal tools
out there?

I bought a bicycle toolkit which was about £35 including a chain
degreaser/oiler bonus item but noticed some places were selling it
rebranded as Draper for £70-90. It looked identical and had to be the
same actual product. Try to buy the same product with generic/unknown
branding and you'll save yourself ££££sss