Andy Hall

On 30 Oct 2004 11:43:40 GMT, wrote:

I've ended up buying a Metabo SBT12+ for £99.99, an excellent price,
better than I could find anywhere on the internet.

A local hardware shop is having a 'power tools show' this week-end and
they have this Metabo on special offer - how often does that happen
when you're actually looking for something! :-)

The Metabo SBT12 is almost my ideal:-
53NM torque
2 x 2.0Ah batteries
Combi (minor point but it may be useful)
2.2kg

The weight is a little bit more than my ideal but being able to handle
the drill at the show I decided it was compact and comfortable so the
weight is OK. I looked at others and the comparable Bosch drivers in
particular seemed very bulky and unwieldy. I'd already decided
against the Ryobi ones for this reason.

That's a very good deal and Metabo make good products.

I have one of their orbital sanders and am really pleased with it.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl