Jens Arndt

The question is why profs write all their papers. The bottom line is
that they want to get published in some fancy journal, because that's
what they get paid for.
I know that I am not analyzing all that stuff, but you might want to
check the following website, just to see what kind of data is collectd
about you:

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/

Jens

"Terry" wrote in message m...
"Bill" wrote in message
What this guy is writing about us...
(I didn't know my "communication activity" was being examined
longitudinally!)

"...In this paper, the heterogeneity of the communication activity is
examined longitudinally on the basis of the graph-theoretical models
"Random Network Theory" and "Scale-free Networks". The fusion of these two
models allows operationalization of the heterogeneity of the relational as
well as the attributive communication activity in ViCs...."

http://www.bwl.uni-mannheim.de/wifo1...php3?lst=wifo1

Gosh; look at the amount (or mountain) of words!
Most people are intrigued when somebody asks for their opinion; unless it is
very personal. In regard to this request for a 'survey';
I think it means that even how, if or whether or not we even respond to the
survey request, we are being measured? Such and such a percentage answer the
questionnaire, such and such % do not etc.etc.
Also how we react. Angrily, passively, inquisitively and so forth?
For example; someone called ABC might say F@*#k off. Someone else says "I'll
have a look and see what it's all about, but don't ask me ...... ", another
says "Didn't get around to it" and yet another answers the questions with
great thought!
Possibly it doesn't matter what 'answers' are given, just whether and how
many of us respond?
Who knows with all that mumbo-jumbo of an explanation.
Someone should teach seekers and holders of Masters degrees how to
communicate more effectively in my opinion. It would be impossible for some
university lecturers I have met (and suffered) to explain how to wire a
circuit safely!
Here, between ourselves on alt.home.repair we seem to do it fairly
effectively when dealing with 'practical' matters; points of explanation
being sought and answered, suggestions made and so on.
Cheers Terry.
PS Winston Churchill, himself a writer of some note required, as a leader of
Britain during W.W.II that the basic premise of any new idea be presented,
initially on a single page. Must have worked; many innovative and brilliant
ideas were investigated and used by the Allies!