Jeremy Smith

I've just had this done - they put PVA on the ceiling and went over it with
plaster when it was tacky. No plasterboard in sight and it's still (2 weeks
later) up there.

Naturally the plaster's adhesion also depends on the layers of paint which
sit between the PVA and the Artex itself, but they weren't flaking so I'm
confident I won't be woken up by tumbling ceilings.

Jeremy

"truman" wrote in message
We have 2 artexed (light pattern) ceilings which we want refurbed. They

are
quite sound. We've had 2 plasterers round to give estimates, one

recommends
just skimming over the artex, the other recommends putting up plasterboard
on the existing ceiling then skimming. Speaking generally, which method
would be best? (strangely, the estimates are not far apart).
--
cheers
truman

---