Mike

Default Seal cracks in basement wall

My house was built in 1952. It has a basement about 60% underground
with some high windows. There are some cracks in one of the walls and
in wet winters, water seeps through the cracks. One crack is 1/16 inch
wide and runs from the window to the floor. Other cracks may be several
feet long, running mostly horizontal, but are thin. Water seeps through
most of them (as evidenced by the stains). I have noticed water on the
floor 2 of the 4 winters I have owned the house. I live in Portland, OR
where we get about 32 inches of rain from October - June. The
temperature rarely drops much below freezing but every once in a while
we have a cold spell with temperatures as low as 10 degrees for a few days.

Can this wall be effectively sealed? What should I use to seal it?

TIA,
Mike