Phil Addison

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:40:18 GMT, "ff" wrote:

Hi you all probably know this.

But I had v.good results; I soaked kitchen paper towel in very strong
colourless vingear (cheap in supermarkets e.g. pickling, distilled) wrapped
them around the tap's spout and around where the tap sits on the sink/bath.
Covered the wet paper with cling film to stop it drying out and left it for
many hours.

You can then just scrub off all the gunk, makes it look if you the taps are
new and you have just installed them.

Was thinking of getting some new taps - no need now.

I don't think its wise to use that brown malt vinegar - might stain

Yes, good idea. The cling film is the key to it though. I used the same
principle to use cling film to wrap up a job I wanted to soak in
nitromors overnight. Worked a treat too.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me