ChrisGW

John Grabowski wrote:
My thoughts are to open up the other five outlets to see what is going on.
Another possibility is that there is another junction box somewhere that you
are unaware of. Perhaps where a switch or light is located. The problem
could be located in an outlet, switch, or light that is still working. If
it is an older house, there could be hidden splices buried from past
remodeling jobs.

What was your neighbor doing that made the circuit breaker trip in the first
place? The answer to that question may provide a clue.

I opened the first outlet in the run and the last. Found nothing. As stated in
my earlier post I followed the cable from the breaker panel and that is how I
found the light. There does not seem to be anything else.

I re-checked the neutral and it is tight. The only splice that I found was in
the first outlet in the run and that is just to extend to the new breaker panel
when the house electric was upgraded years ago. Having said that it is hard to
tell whether the ceiling light I found is first or second in the run, but I will
know Monday when I check that.

Thanks for your help

Chris