ChrisGW

Joseph Meehan wrote:
ChrisGW wrote:

John Grabowski wrote:

Stop using the meter and test the circuit with a light bulb and pigtail
socket. Are the wires on the receptacle stabbed into the back or are
they
tight around the screws? If they are in the back, replace the receptacle
and connect it using pigtails around the screws.

The wires are screwed on. I have checked with pig tail light. No good

You should also check for a loose neutral connection in the circuit
breaker
panel. Tighten all of the screws on the neutral bus bar.

I checked the neutral bar already and everything was tight.

Are the other five receptacles working? Is there anything else not
working? How old is the house? Is there a possibility that this outlet
is
also protected by a GFI receptacle located somewhere else?

No GFI in play here. Just 5 receptacles on this circuit.

You are really sure of that????

Are these outlets all original? Could there be a switched circuit
involved?

I just got back from the neighbors. Double checking everything. I found a
ceiling light and switch in a closet on the same circuit. Hard to get to so I
told her I would check that on Monday. (Striper Season (rock fish) is open and I
have been up since 4am) That is the only thing left to check and by following
the cable from the breaker panel into the house ( this is how I found the light)
the light is first in line.

Thanks for your help. Any more ideas are welcome

Chris