Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
But someone brings one out every few years. My parent have a
Honda with a CVT (rubber band drive), but it's only a couple of
years old, so that's not much to go on.

AFAIK it was only DAFs and Volvo badged DAFs that used rubber bands
(I had a DAF 66 once). All the current CVTs use a steel belt with
metal blocks on it and the belt pushes rather pulls. My Jazz CVT is
a joy to drive and given the mileage I do is not likely to wear out.

I reckon all CVTs have the steel belt.

DAF rubber band drives were called Variomatic or somesuch. The name CVT is
later.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.