U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 29 Oct 2004 17:28:51 GMT, Hitch wrote:
"patrick conroy" wrote in
:

I need to quickly make a new table top for our kitchen table. It will
be about 30x60" and needn't be "fine furniture" at all. I am
considering what to do with the ends. I've got some 4/4 red oak, that
I'll probably rip into 5" widths.

I'm considering breadboarding the ends (and I'm also thinking about
*not* doing it, just leaving the planks alone and deal with the
movement. Living in Denver is likely an advantage here.)

If it doesn't need to be "Fine Furniture," I'd consider battened
construction out of pine with no breadboard.

Heck, I'd consider battened construction in any case, but not everyone
likes the look.