Chris Hodges

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The only common
constantly variable drives( other than electric/electronic) are the twin
pulley ones as pioneered in cars by DAF IIRC and now used in some stand
drills. In cars I understand that these latter have an unequalled
reputation for unreliability. I believe the Japanese may now have
engineered a viable unit, but it's not on my acceptable list for a few
years yet.

CVTs. And they do seem to be unreliable.

But someone brings one out every few years. My parent have a Honda with
a CVT (rubber band drive), but it's only a couple of years old, so
that's not much to go on.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk