Arch

Some of us remember when men & boys swigged a 'cold dope' from thick
ribbed green fat bellied six oz. bottles. Five cents and we never heard
of Classic. In drug stores with white-tiled floors, ladies & girls
drank their 'co-colas' from thin walled clear wasp waisted glasses,
while sitting in dainty twisted wire triangular chairs beside glass
topped tables. Two drops of ammonia were added for ladies suffering the
green vapors of the lunar curse. The more adventurous females risked a
squirt of cherry, chocolate or vanilla syrup. I always wore a white cap
& apron and said my best 'yes ma'ams' while serving their cocolas. I was
more important then than I've ever been since.

Then came the great depression and with it 12 oz. bottles of RrrerC
(Royal Crown).
Later came that 10, 2 & 4 Texas interloper and that sweet 'belly-wash'
with its jingle "Twelve full ounces, that's a lot, twice as much for a
nickel too, Pepsi Cola is the drink for you!" Things got even worse
with NeHi Cola and hit rock bottom when I headed to New England and
learned the bitterness of that Yankee drink, Moxie. I did get a good
education and an even better wife up there (she still claims that Moxie
is an acquired taste and not for rednecks). Think I'll go out to the
shop and turn a classic coke bottle for old time's sake. What's a good
drink-safe finish? I said this would be Long.

Turn to Safety, Arch

Fortiter,