John Grabowski

Stop using the meter and test the circuit with a light bulb and pigtail
socket. Are the wires on the receptacle stabbed into the back or are they
tight around the screws? If they are in the back, replace the receptacle
and connect it using pigtails around the screws.

You should also check for a loose neutral connection in the circuit breaker
panel. Tighten all of the screws on the neutral bus bar.

Are the other five receptacles working? Is there anything else not working?
How old is the house? Is there a possibility that this outlet is also
protected by a GFI receptacle located somewhere else?

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"ChrisGW" wrote in message
A neighbor came over today and said she tripped the circuit and when she

re-set
it, the outlet did not work. I went over and checked the breaker on the

meter
and it tested good, but the outlet did not work. I pulled the outlet and

it
appeared good, I put the meter on the wires and nothing. I then replaced

the
breaker figuring that may be it and nothing. There are six outlets on this
breaker and the one I pulled I believe is the first one in the line.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help

Chris