Joseph Meehan

ChrisGW wrote:
A neighbor came over today and said she tripped the circuit and when she
re-set it, the outlet did not work. I went over and checked the breaker on
the meter and it tested good, but the outlet did not work. I pulled the
outlet and it appeared good, I put the meter on the wires and nothing. I
then replaced the breaker figuring that may be it and nothing. There are
six outlets on this breaker and the one I pulled I believe is the first
one
in the line.
What am I missing?

Thanks for your help

Chris

I suggest that you look at all the GFCI's. Look in the Kitchen, bath,
garage, basement and outside. I'll bet one of them is really upstream from
the non-functioning outlets and is tripped.

I suggest that you mark all those outlets as being protected by a GFCI
and where it is located. It happens a lot. I have even seen labels made
just for this.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math