BruceR

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
Gerry,
Thanks for the informative reply! Looks like there are a few options
available besides
the x10 (company) and cheaper too! Appreciate it.
Cheers,
cc

"GerryG" wrote in message

I've been using a 220v x10 appliance controller for a DC for over 5 years
now.
Have two sets of track lights for task lighting that're also on X10. With
radio remote in another outlet and a couple of small controllers scattered
or
in my pocket, it's worked out well. Even gave one to SWMBO so she can
flash a
light to get my attention. The whole outfit costs less and was more useful
than that LongRanger one. Initially bought from X10 site, but their prices
are
high. Latest buy was from www.safe-mart.com .

Using http://www.safe-mart.com/xheduapmopa.html for the DC.

The http://www.safe-mart.com/phr03.html includes a PHR03 remote control
which
is too large for the pocket, but it does have considerably more range. The
include little PHR04 sits in your pocket or belt. The PAT01 included base
transceiver has worked out well. I just stuck a wire around the antenna
and
taped it on the wall to extend the range a bit.

GerryG

People need to conside that X10 is getting a bit long in the tooth. The
code sent over the power line is very simple and if someone shares the
same transformer it is very easy to take control of your X10 devices.
Newer systems (don't know the standard offhand) make use of a much more
secure protocol.

Anyhoo, I'm considering the PSI remote controller for my (2hp) dust
system. Basically just a wireless remote and an inline junction box that
the collector plugs into. Searches seem to indicate it's a reasonably
good product for the $60. Anyone have any stories they'd like to share
on this item?
(Watch the wrap)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=507846

Thanks!