Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Okay, walls have to
breathe, but you need to stop them drinking.

Perhaps it didn't rain 100 years ago?

Dampness was accepted, along with a lot of other inconveniences that we
don't put up with today.

I don't think so. Wallpaper was common much before this, and it will soon
fall off in damp conditions - then as now.

Houses heated by open fires are by nature well ventilated. Remove the
ventilation and all sorts of problems occur.

Your treatment attempts to deal with 'rising' damp. The general view these
days is that *genuine* rising damp is actually rare, and that most who
recommend treatment for similar symptoms - even if they do exist - are
more likely to be profit motivated.

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.