mlv

Default Sony KV-M1420U Television - No Colour

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote:

Mm. ALL color lost, not just one gun eh...

Yep, all colour lost - a perfect black & white picture.

Sounds like maybe whatever picks out the color subcarrier is packing up.

Is there a crystal in there somewhere? That runs the
PAL side of things?
They occasionally give up and stop oscillating.

Could be - I'm hoping someone will tell me.

I had a non Sony set once that required a thump to get
the odd color back. I opened it up and discovered zillions
of eyelets instead of through plated holes. I resoldered every one.

The tradition thump does not bring the colour back on my 14" Sony.
--
Mike
-Please remove 'safetycatch' before firing off your reply-