patrick conroy

Default Biscuits and Breadboard Ends???

I need to quickly make a new table top for our kitchen table. It will be
about 30x60" and needn't be "fine furniture" at all. I am considering what
to do with the ends. I've got some 4/4 red oak, that I'll probably rip into
5" widths.

I'm considering breadboarding the ends (and I'm also thinking about *not*
doing it, just leaving the planks alone and deal with the movement. Living
in Denver is likely an advantage here.)

I see some techniques for using splines to attach the breadboards.

My question is - wouldn't biscuits accomplish the same thing?
Biscuits allow for lateral movement - assuming I just put a small dab of
glue on the biscuit center, right?

I need to whack this thing out quickly and am tyring to strike the balance
between moving fast and having something worth keeping longer than a few
years.

thank you!