Tony Manella

Max,
That's a good point. The gallery I'm going into is just opening and the
owner knows nothing of woodturning. She relied on me to set the final
prices, which gave me much anxiety. I conferred with people who I know
frequent galleries to get a better feel for what a gallery price should be.
I will still be unsettled on my prices of new pieces for years to come.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tony Manella" ndd1 at prolog.net wrote in message

If this is an established store they feel secure in the asking price for
that bowl. They should know their market well enough to make wise
decisions.

They've been there a while, so I must assume your statement is

appropriate,
Tony. That said, I suspect there also may be the issue of whether the

store
owner understands turnings. Perhaps the turnings haven't been there as

long
as other items. That store has a great variety of creations from local
artists and artisans, including small woodworking items, jewelry, graphic
arts, sculpture, etc. The owner probably knows the market for some things
quite well, and is on the inclining part of the learning curve on others.
If that bowl and the other item don't sell, he may decide the turnings are
either too highly priced, or no market exists for them in his community.

Max