Blair

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:18:54 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

If you use it now it will kill the moss, but then the bald patches will
just encourage more moss to colonise your lawn and in 6 months time you
could be back where your started.

What does "lawn sand" do ? I thought it was just sand, to encourage
better drainage on clay soils ? My understanding was that moss, like
dry rot, was basically inevitable if the drainage was poor, and that
improved drainage was really the only way to go. Does this lawn sand
have any "active" effect too ?

My knowledge of gardening is admittedly negligible. If I ever wanted
to kill moss, I'd just try watering it. No plant has ever survived
that.

--
Smert' spamionam

Lawn sand has a chemical in it which kills the moss and it turns black.
Blair