Tony Bryer

Default CM67 Optimum Start algorithm

In article , Jh
wrote:
Thanks again to old CH hands in this group. Why on earth
installers put the Mickey Mouse stats or in my case none at all
can only be put down to cost, but for the sake of less than 90
quid it's false economy in my book.

Because people understand basic thermostats. I think the CM67 is a
brilliant piece of work (especially being able to use the party
button to kill the heating for a few hours if you go out) but you
need to understand the concept of time/temperature variations
rather than on/off and then how to override it when required.

It's not difficult but I put one in at my mum's place and she
really does not like. With a £10 stat when the rads went cold she
could just turn it up a bit more g. Expensive controls that
people cannot/will not master are a waste of money.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm