patriarch

Gary Fritz wrote in
:

Gary Fritz wrote:
I'm a bit concerned that the color seems a bit irregular now. I'm
hoping that evens out when I apply the Varathane.

BTW I thought I didn't get down to the wood. It still feels like
plastic in most areas. But e.g. there is a spot where I accidentally
gouged the wood with the 40-grit, and I smoothed out a depression
around it. Now that area shows a light ring around the depression.
Not sure why that would be, if I haven't touched the wood & thus the
stain. Maybe it will disappear when I apply the Varathane? Or maybe I
got down to the wood in a few spots and removed some of the stain. If
so, I probably ought to start over and take it down to the wood again.
***SIGH***

It sands better when it cures longer. The same reason you're trying to
take it off is the reason the paper clogs.

Is there any way you can just leave it alone for a couple of weeks? Use
another table, until this one cures?

The ingredient most often forgotten in the formula is patience. DAMHIKT.

Patriarch