Ollie

Grizzly rules.

I got my G5959Z cabinet saw 8 months ago, cleaned the surfaces with WD40 and
since then SLIPIT has protected the surface. I have applied it on all my
jigs and slades with excellent results.

The reason for my good mood is that today I just learned that the G0543
jointer is available with a solid 75" table. The original G0500 and G0543
had 65" table with two 5" extensions. The confirmation from Grizzly was not
easy - in phone, web site, and once through e-mail they claimed that the
solid single-piece table was not available. After two independent e-mail
confirmations, I was convinced that the one-piece table is available.

I did order the jointer today and should get it on next week.

Cheers, Ollie

"RonB" wrote in message
Don't worry much about messing up the metal top with most cleaning
solvents. But you do need to be a little careful with the paint. For
removal I have had great luck with Citrus based degreasers. Just put it
on, let is set for a few moment and work the thicker areas with
fingertips. Then wipe off with a wad of paper towels. As others said,
WD40 works well just a little messier.

For protection I bought a product from Grizzly called SLIPIT. It is a
protectant and contact lubricant. Comes in spray and brush-on paste form.
The Grizzly rep recommended brush on. It was $10 a can for most of a
lifetime supply. Works well when used a few times a year.

Griz is pretty good about providing touch up paint if the paint is
scratched or damaged.

RonB