Default reviving old work bench

I was recently given an old cabinet makers work bench by a neighbor
who was moving that she said used to belong to her grandfather in
Germany and was brought over from the old country. It is obviously
old and has not been well maintained. For instance, when I tried to
remove the side vise, the metal guides were so rusted that they would
not come out with out a lot of persuasion.

Not sure what the wood is but there are several sticker still attached
to the underside of the bench on the legs that are in German. I would
like to try and restore this bench but not sure how I should go about
it Some of the apron pieces look like they are a little loose.
Should I try to completly disassemble it and go from there are should
I just clean it up as best I can and continue to use it? I'm not sure
how much work is involved in disassemble or if I could get it to go
back together correctly.

Any thoughts?