TURTLE

"Brian Schott" wrote in message

This is Turtle.

With all the dislikes you stated here. Your going to have to decide what
source of fuel your going to use on your home and then we might be able to
comment on what the story can be.

TURTLE

Fuel source would be Oil -- since I can put the tank in my basement easily.
Don't have access to natural gas, leaving propane. I originally wanted
propane, but after I met with a Propane dealer, I decided against it because
of installing/mounting tank difficulties.

This is Turtle.

If you would go with a oil hot air furnace i would go with the AFUE rating above
90% . Now if you live in cold weather areas go 90% AFUE rating and if you live
in warm areas of the country like the Southern USA. Go with the 80% AFUE rating.

Now prices being high or low : I install Natural gas , Propane, Heat Pumps, and
Electric furnaces but no oil furnaces for we don't use oil in the south for
Natural gas being so cheap. My Last years natural gas bill run me about $600.00
and that was the whole years bill combine. I have natural gas water heater,
stove, and furnace. I really could not tell you about the cost of oil or natural
gas bills if you live up north. Now I will say it seems that it would not be too
much difference between a oil furnce and a propane furnace.

now price of a system being installed. If you get a good installer to do the
job. Don't expect him to be the cheapest price for most good installer will get
good money and never argue with you at all for if he is a good installer. He can
name his price but with in reason as the people he deals with know they don't
have trouble out of a good and well installed system. Now there is a bunch of
Rookies that claim to be the top of the line installers but you will have to
find out who is the best and who is the Rookies or Crooks. There is the ratio
here on Rookies, Crooks, and Professional HVAC installers.
Quite No Bull Professional Respectiable Installers -- 33%
Smooth Mouth Rookies / Don't know how to install correctly -- 33%
Crooks / Smooth Mouth Careless Installers / Idiot installers -- 33%

A poor installation can cost you in repair bills and operating cost the total
price of the installation cost over the life of the equipment. Pay Now or Pay
much more Later.

Do expect to pay for a Professional Respectiable HVAC installer to do it for you
don't have the big time trouble down the road. If you get a Rookie or a Poor
installer. Don't pay more than Cost + 2% at best and know the Good HVAC repair
company to come repair it.

TURTLE