Robert

"GeoCrunch21" wrote in message
Subject: Tool advice
From: "Harry"
Date: 10/26/2004 3:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

"Trent©" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:40:32 -0400, "Harry"
wrote:

Some of them need replacing (triggers broken, etc.) I actually took a
look
at B&D again, but was told that they are no longer considered a "good"
brand, just like Skill, Ryobi, etc. Makita seems to be a brand many are
quck to recommend. You are the second person to mention pneumatic
tools.
I'll have to take a look at them.

Take yer newmatic drill to the top of a 20' ladder one time...by
yourself. Get back to us!

Skil has a nice, cordless package now. Its an 18v. cordless circular
saw (7 1/4 blade!!), recip saw, drill, and a battery, I think...for
just under $200. I wish I had seen it before I just bought my new
drill.

Also, consider Harbor Freight. I just bought an 18v. 1/2" 2 speed
gear box drill there...hammer drill!!...for under $30. Couldn't be
more pleased. Juice tester light on the battery...keyless chuck...
handy, strong magnet on the drill...bit holder there,
too...level...twist out of the way battery. Extra battery was $8.95.
A charge lasts me about a month.

HF has some good quality stuff.

I took a look at Harbor Freight, and I saw that they carry brand names at
comparable prices. I also saw that they carry some cheap brands that I
have
never heard of before (Chicago Electric, Drill Master, etc.) I wonder how
those compare to Ryobi, Skill and other "generic" brands.

Chicago Electrical is great. I have a couple of their tools, and they do
as
good a job as my Makita's, plus I don't have to worry about dammaging them
or
losing them, because I can replace them very easily. I do, however, get
the
rolling of the eyes when friends see me using a very non-distinct loking
tool,
while their DeWalt driver is clearly marked "DeWalt". I don't care
smile.

The adage "You get what you pay for" couldn't be any more suitable than in
this case!!