Andy Hall

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:03:00 +0100, "Owain"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote
| In Wimshurst, you would be charged and probably die electric.

DOesn't have quite the same jingly feel-good feel as "cook electric"; I can
see why the Electricity Boards as were didn't have telly adverts urging
people to "die electric".

Owain

When I lived in North Wales, there was a shop in the village run by a
venerable gentleman called Dai Jones.

It was a double fronted Victorian shop with a glass display window on
each side and the entrance door in the centre, like hundreds of
thousands of shops of its type around the country.

What was interesting here though, was the combination of merchandise.
The enterprising Dai was both the village greengrocer and the
electrical shop, one on each side.

If you went in there to buy a light bulb and he was selling potatoes,
he would take off his brown overall, go out to the back of the shop,
wash his hands and return in his white overall to serve on the
electrical side.

Then he'd change back

It took ages of course, but nobody seemed to mind.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl