Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jan Wysocki wrote:
The despicable spammer has reminded me of something that I've been
wondering about. 30 or so years ago, Draper tools were the bottom
of the barrel. Companies like Gedore, Bedford, Kamasa, Record,
Marples and even goverment surplus handtools were of higher
quality than Draper.

The few government surplus tools I've had have been of excellent quality.
Maybe not a posh finish, but for some things that doesn't matter.

Nowadays there seem to be several levels below
Draper. Does this mean that Draper has improved - maybe no longer
bashed out of poor quality steel by indifferent workers in the third
world? Or are there just a lot of even worse monkey metal tools
out there?

I find their stuff rather variable. Not surprising given that it's all
bought in and re-badged.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.