Andy Hall

Default Granite worktop span

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:33:01 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I think this is far too long Christian. I bought a piece of 20mm granite

2m x
300mm for the shelf over the concealed cistern in my Bathroom.

Well, I've redone it by inserting a couple of column pillars which I had
bought with the kitchen that I had lying around. So I now have:

++----+----++----+---+----+---+---+
|| WM | TD || DW | +----+ | |
|| | || | 1 |SINK| 2 | 3 |
++----+----++----+---+ +---+---+

Support profile:
^^ 1.2m ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The 1.2m section is back supported and may have a little support from the
appliances below. The granite is 30mm thick, rather than 20mm, so should be
a little stronger.

Christian.

P.S. I'm DEFINITELY getting them to template, deliver and install.

Very wise. Point out the spans and the appliances being fitted as
well, and while you're at it, don't forget to apply at least one tub
of Vaseline to each shoulder. :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl