Jan Wysocki

In article , Timothy Murphy wrote:
I read several years ago that Pilkingtons had developed
a new kind of glass, with some kind of activated surface
which kept the glass clean.
IIRC, the glass was intended for use in very tall buildings
where it is impractical to clean from the outside.

I wonder if anything came of this?

I thought they announced this only last year. As it happens I picked
up a couple of sheets of glass in my local glass merchants on
Saturday and noticed that they had a poster advertising this glass,
so I guess the answer is that our local glass merchants will have
it or can order it.

I'm still waiting for the ultra thin sheets of glass that were
heralded 10 or more years ago to finally materialise as a flexible
scratchproof surface for motorcycle visors, grrr!

--
Jan