Dan

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:03:49 GMT, Lee Bray wrote:

Hi Eric

All I did was shove a flat blade shovel underneath the shingles and
pry up and off the shingles
came and the Felt more or less stayed. Looks generally good but will
follow advice and pull it
all up then. It is just in a shop and I can see all the wood from
inside. Rafters and plywood no
insulation or nothing else. Thanks for the reply!!

Lee

Eric Tonks wrote:

How did you get the old shingles off without pulling the felt off with them?
I would have ripped it all off to get a good flat surface to work on, and to
check the decking for problems before starting with the new.

Actually, the felt should be under the drip on the rakes and under on
the eaves. You always want the water to be on top of something
besides the sheathing. It probably wont really make a difference,
though.

Dan