Gary Fritz

Gary Fritz wrote:
I'm a bit concerned that the color seems a bit irregular now. I'm
hoping that evens out when I apply the Varathane.

BTW I thought I didn't get down to the wood. It still feels like
plastic in most areas. But e.g. there is a spot where I accidentally
gouged the wood with the 40-grit, and I smoothed out a depression
around it. Now that area shows a light ring around the depression.
Not sure why that would be, if I haven't touched the wood & thus the
stain. Maybe it will disappear when I apply the Varathane? Or maybe I
got down to the wood in a few spots and removed some of the stain. If
so, I probably ought to start over and take it down to the wood again.
***SIGH***