Harry B. Pye

Whatever. _Somebody please respond. For sure, there's no scarcity of
Mini-Jet owners or a lack of interest in a non- problem; slowing or
varying the Mini-Jet's spindle speed.

Arch,

I have a Delta Midi, not a Jet but the two are nearly identical. I read your
suggestion for slowing the lathe and have the Dell Stubs video where he
demonstrates the idea at great length. I'm sure it works but I'm not sure I
would try it. Seems like it would heat up the belt and wear it out
prematurely. And the belt is a mess to change, you have to pull the shaft
out. So I guess we need to balance the benefits against the costs. But I do
like your thinking.

Harry